1 the introduction of blood or blood plasma into a vein or artery [syn: blood transfusion]
2 the action of pouring a liquid from one vessel to another
medicine: the transfer of blood or blood products from one individual to another
- Finnish: verensiirto
- German: Transfusion, Bluttransfusion
the act of pouring liquid from one vessel to another
Transfusion may refer to:
- Blood transfusion, the introduction of blood directly into an individual’s blood circulation through a vein
- Transfusion (EP), an EP by Powderfinger
- Transfusion (journal), a research journal on blood transfusion and related topics published by the AABB, formerly the American Association of Blood Banks.
- Transfusion (song), a novelty hit by Nervous Norvus.
arterial transfusion, blood bank, blood donor, blood donor center, blood transfusion, bloodmobile, communication, conduction, contagion, convection, delivery, deportation, diapedesis, diffusion, direct transfusion, dissemination, drip transfusion, exchange transfusion, export, exportation, expulsion, exsanguination transfusion, exsanguino transfusion, extradition, imbuement, import, importation, interchange, metastasis, metathesis, metempsychosis, migration, mutual transfer, osmosis, overrunning, overspreading, overswarming, passage, passing over, penetration, perfusion, permeation, pervasion, plasma transfusion, reciprocal transfusion, replacement transfusion, serum, serum transfusion, spread, spreading, suffusion, transduction, transfer, transfer of property, transference, transit, transition, translation, translocation, transmigration, transmigration of souls, transmission, transmittal, transmittance, transplacement, transplantation, transposal, transposition, travel, venous transfusion